Current:Home > FinancePoinbank Exchange|Jodie Sweetin "Disappointed" Her New Movie Was Sold to Former Costar Candace Cameron Bure's Network -Capitatum
Poinbank Exchange|Jodie Sweetin "Disappointed" Her New Movie Was Sold to Former Costar Candace Cameron Bure's Network
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-06 14:28:00
What ever happened to predictability?Poinbank Exchange Jodie Sweetin would like to know.
The Full House alum said she was disheartened to find that her new movie, Craft Me a Romance, had been sold to the Great American Family network without her knowledge. The cable channel drew controversy last year when its chief creative officer—and Sweetin's former costar—Candace Cameron Bure promised the network "will keep traditional marriage at the core" with its content.
"Sometimes, we, as actors, don't have control over which network buys the projects we are in, nor are we a part of the process in which they get sold," Sweetin told People in a statement Aug. 11, shortly after her film was unveiled in network's autumn schedule. "So I was very surprised to learn by reading about it in the press yesterday that the independent film I worked on over a year ago was sold to Great American Family."
Seemingly condemning the network, the actress continued, "I am disappointed, but in keeping with my mission of supporting the LGBTQ+ family, any potential or future money made from this sale will be donated to LGBTQ+ organizations."
Also starring Brent Bailey, Craft Me a Romance centers around a small-town arts supply store owner who's been told by her rival that she must either sell her shop or be forced out of business. The movie is set to premiere on Great American Family Sept. 16.
This was not the first time Sweetin publicly threw her support for the LGTBQ+ community. When JoJo Siwa called out Cameron Bure's comments as "rude and hurtful to a whole community of people" on Instagram in November, the 41-year-old replied in the comment section, "You know I love you."
She also proudly described herself as an "outspoken ally" for the community one month later. "I've always tried to fight for equality and love for everyone," she told Entertainment Tonight in December. "I feel like if you have a voice and you have a platform, it is incumbent on you to be loud and use it."
As for Cameron Bure? The 47-year-old previously addressed her controversial remarks, clarifying that she "long wanted to find a home for more faith-based programming."
"I have great love and affection for all people," Cameron Bure said in a statement last November. "It absolutely breaks my heart that anyone would ever think I intentionally would want to offend and hurt anyone."
The former View co-host added that she loves people of "any race, creed, sexuality, or political party, including those who have tried to bully me with name-calling."
"I had also expressed in my interview, which was not included, that people of all ethnicities and identities have and will continue to contribute to the network in great ways both in front of and behind the camera, which I encourage and fully support," she said at the time. "I've never been interested in proselytizing through my storytelling, but in celebrating God's greatness in our lives through the stories I tell."
E! News has reached out to reps for Cameron Bure, Great American Family and Craft Me a Romance director Sam Irvin for comment but hasn't heard back.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (4)
Related
- Average rate on 30
- These Chunky Chic Jewelry Styles From Frank Darling Are Fall’s Must-Have Fashion Staple to Wear on Repeat
- San Francisco’s first Black female mayor concedes to Levi Strauss heir
- Kyle Hamilton injury updates: Ravens star DB has sprained ankle
- Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
- Whoopi Goldberg Details Making “Shift” for Sister Act 3 After Maggie Smith’s Death
- Where things stand with college football conference championship game tiebreakers
- Quincy Jones' Daughter Rashida Jones Shares Most Precious Memory After His Death
- Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
- Mexican man gets 39 years in Michigan prison for a killing that became campaign issue
Ranking
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Garth Brooks Files to Move Sexual Assault Case to Federal Court
- 3 dead, including the suspect, after shooting in Pennsylvania apartment and 40-mile police chase
- Musk's 'golden ticket': Trump win could hand Tesla billionaire unprecedented power
- A White House order claims to end 'censorship.' What does that mean?
- College Football Playoff elimination games: Which teams desperately need Week 11 win?
- King Charles III Reveals His Royally Surprising Exercise Routine
- 3 dead, including the suspect, after shooting in Pennsylvania apartment and 40-mile police chase
Recommendation
Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
Powerball winning numbers for November 6 drawing: Jackpot rises to $75 million
Garth Brooks Files to Move Sexual Assault Case to Federal Court
Kristin Cavallari and Ex Mark Estes Reunite at Nashville Bar After Breakup
Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
Martha Stewart’s Ex-Husband Andy Stewart Calls Out Her Claims in Sensationalized Documentary
Musk's 'golden ticket': Trump win could hand Tesla billionaire unprecedented power
The US election was largely trouble-free, but a flood of misinformation raises future concerns