Current:Home > NewsRekubit Exchange:Prince William’s New Rough and Rugged Beard Takes the Crown -Capitatum
Rekubit Exchange:Prince William’s New Rough and Rugged Beard Takes the Crown
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-06 08:18:27
The Rekubit Exchangeheir is growing out his facial hair.
One month after ditching his signature clean-shaven look, Prince William continued to rock his rough and rugged beard when he stepped out to represent his dad King Charles III during the Sovereign's Parade at the Royal Air Force College in Cranwell, England, Sept. 12.
Along with his salt-and-peppery stubble, the Prince of Wales wore his Wing Commander's uniform and many honorary medals, as well as the star and sash of the Order of the Garter.
And William's connection to the airbase where the parade was held spans back decades. After all, it was at the same college where he earned his wings back in 2008, when he and now-wife Kate Middleton were still dating.
"I am delighted to see so many family and friends here," he told the crowd, per People. "Whilst I didn’t graduate on this exact Parade Ground, I did graduate from flying training here so I know something about the celebrations that will come later, so I promise I’ll only take a few minutes of your time!"
The outing comes three days after Kate—who William married in 2011—shared that she had finished chemotherapy after being diagnosed with cancer earlier this year.
"As the summer comes to an end, I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have finally completed my chemotherapy treatment," the Princess of Wales—who shares kids Prince George, 11, Princess Charlotte, 9, and Prince Louis, 6, with William—said in a Sept. 9 video message. "The last nine months have been incredibly tough for us as a family. Life as you know it can change in an instant and we have had to find a way to navigate the stormy waters and road unknown."
She continued, "William and I are so grateful for the support we have received and have drawn great strength from all those who are helping us at this time. To all those who are continuing their own cancer journey—I remain with you, side by side, hand in hand."
Kate added, "Out of darkness can come light, so let that light shine bright."
But her health journey is not over yet. As William noted while meeting South Wales residents Sept. 10, per The Sun, “It’s good news, but there is still a long way to go."
Still, Kate knows she can always lean on William.
"It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family," she said in a March video message, while sharing news of her cancer diagnosis. "Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance."
For more royal news, keep reading...
The Princess Royal was discharged after a five-day stay at Southmead Hospital. Her husband, Tim Laurence, said in a statement, "I would like to extend my warmest thanks to all the team at Southmead Hospital for their care, expertise and kindness during my wife’s short stay."
The younger sister of King Charles III sustained minor injuries during an incident at her estate Gatcombe Park, Buckingham Palace has announced.
"Her Royal Highness remains in Southmead Hospital, Bristol, as a precautionary measure for observation and is expected to make a full and swift recovery," the June 24 statement, shared to X, read. "The King has been kept closely informed and joins the whole Royal Family in sending his fondest love and well-wishes to The Princess for a speedy recovery."
Nearly three months after sharing her cancer diagnosis, the Princess of Wales said that she's "making good progress" with chemotherapy, though there are "good days and bad days" amid her health journey.
"On those bad days you feel weak, tired and you have to give in to your body resting," Kate wrote on Instagram June 14. "But on the good days, when you feel stronger, you want to make the most of feeling well."
She added, "My treatment is ongoing and will be for a few more months. On the days I feel well enough, it is a joy to engage with school life, spend personal time on the things that give me energy and positivity, as well as starting to do a little work from home."
On May 13, King Charles III bestowed the title of Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps to his oldest son, sparking controversy as many royal watchers believed the title would be more suited for Prince Harry, who trained and served in the military branch.
On April 26, nearly three months after sharing his cancer diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles will return to public-facing duties.
The queen consort attended the Royal Maundy Service on March 28 in place of King Charles III, making her the first spouse of the Monarch to continue the ancient tradition.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (5)
Related
- Friday the 13th luck? 13 past Mega Millions jackpot wins in December. See top 10 lottery prizes
- Cowboys' latest playoff disaster is franchise's worst loss yet in long line of failures
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bills: Odds and how to watch AFC divisional playoff game
- Gilgo Beach murders suspect Rex Heuermann charged with 4th killing
- Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
- Denmark's King Frederik X begins reign after Queen Margrethe abdicates, ending historic 52-year tenure
- Lawmakers announce deal to expand child tax credit and extend business tax breaks
- Charlotte man dies in possible drowning after being swept to sea in Hawaii, police say
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- See Padma Lakshmi Glow With Lookalike Daughter Krishna Lakshmi on Emmys 2023 Red Carpet
Ranking
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Stock market today: Asian shares sink as jitters over Chinese markets prompt heavy selling
- Dominican Republic to launch pilot program offering a 4-day workweek to public and private workers
- Ahead of the Iowa caucuses, Republican candidates tap voters' economic frustrations
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Do you need to file a state income tax return for 2023? Maybe. Here's how it works
- Tired of the Mess? The Best Easy-Organizing Products That'll Make a Huge Difference in Your Daily Routine
- Stormy Daniels says she's set to testify in Trump's New York criminal trial in March
Recommendation
Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
Tired of the Mess? The Best Easy-Organizing Products That'll Make a Huge Difference in Your Daily Routine
Quinta Brunson's Stylist Defends Her Emmys 2023 Crushed Satin Look
Quinta Brunson Can't Hold Back the Tears Accepting Her 2023 Emmy Award
Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
Vandalism probe opened after swastika painted on Philadelphia wall adjacent to Holocaust memorial
Eight dead and an estimated 100 people missing after the latest Nigeria boat accident
EU presidency warns democracy will be put to the test in US elections in November