Current:Home > MySean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -Capitatum
Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 08:21:21
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is speaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (988)
Related
- Grammy nominee Teddy Swims on love, growth and embracing change
- World's largest cruise ship that's 5 times larger than the Titanic set to make its debut
- Kim Jong Un's sister says North Korea warplanes repelled U.S. spy plane, threatens shocking consequences
- Italian court sparks outrage in clearing man of sexual assault for quick grope of teen student
- Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
- A high school senior reflects on her community's resilience after a devastating flood
- Making weather forecasts is hard. Getting people to understand them is even harder
- Can Skiing Survive Climate Change?
- Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
- South Korea flood death toll hits 40, prompting president to vow climate change prep overhaul
Ranking
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- As a wildfire closes in, New Mexico residents prepare to flee
- An unexpected item is blocking cities' climate change prep: obsolete rainfall records
- The wildfires burning in the Southwest are bad but 'not unprecedented'
- Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
- Climate change is killing people, but there's still time to reverse the damage
- 27 hacked-up bodies discovered in Mexico near U.S. border after anonymous tip
- Jeremy Renner Shares How Daughter Ava Inspired His Recovery During Red Carpet Return
Recommendation
A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
Arctic and Antarctic might see radio blackouts that could last for days as cannibal CME erupts from sun
The U.S. may force companies to disclose climate risks, marking a historic change
Flooding kills at least 259 in South Africa
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Arctic and Antarctic might see radio blackouts that could last for days as cannibal CME erupts from sun
The U.S. is divided over whether nuclear power is part of the green energy future
Jeremy Piven Teases His Idea for Entourage Reboot