Current:Home > MyWendy Williams breaks silence on Diddy: 'It's just so horrible' -Capitatum
Wendy Williams breaks silence on Diddy: 'It's just so horrible'
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 12:59:04
Wendy Williams is opening up about Sean "Diddy" Combs after she says she "called" his alleged bad behavior.
The legendary talk show host, who has been largely out of the spotlight amid ongoing health issues, including a frontotemporal dementia and aphasia diagnosis, told the Daily Mail that it's "about time" the music mogul was investigated.
"What is really weird is that I have been told by so many people, 'Wendy, you called it,'" she said in the interview, published Tuesday. "Including some people from my family who have said the same."
USA TODAY has reached out to Williams' rep for comment.
The former radio host and embattled Bad Boy Records founder have reportedly not seen eye-to-eye for decades. Charlamagne Tha God, who served as her radio show's co-host in the 2000s, has claimed Williams, 60, has previously had a contentious relationship with Combs, 54, as far back as during her time hosting her gossip and celebrity news show in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Now, she says, justice is finally starting to be served: "It is about time," she told the outlet.
Read more about celebrities: Sign up for USA TODAY's Everyone's Talking newsletter.
"To see this video on TV of (Cassie) getting pummeled … it was just horrific," she added, referring to the 2016 hotel surveillance video of Combs assaulting ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura. "But now you have to think, how many more times? How many people? How many more women? It's just so horrible."
For her own part, Williams said she was "doing good." The host and actress was spotted out and about in August, the first time since her private legal and medical issues became public earlier this year.
Wendy Williamsreceived small sum for 'stomach-turning' Lifetime doc, lawsuit alleges
In September, the former talk show host's guardian, Sabrina Morrissey, filed an amended complaint in New York as part of a lawsuit against A+E Networks over the Lifetime documentary "Where is Wendy Williams?" Morrissey alleged Williams was not capable of consenting to be filmed for the documentary.
Combs, who was arrested on Sept. 16 and arraigned on sex trafficking, racketeering and transportation to engage in prostitution charges the following day, has been incarcerated in the Special Housing Unit at Brooklyn's Metropolitan Detention Center. He's maintained his innocence amid an avalanche of civil lawsuits over the past year and pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Combs has lost two bids to be released on bail and is appealing once again for his release on a $50 million bond.
Combs may be facing new allegations from 120 male and female accusers who plan to file civil lawsuits against the media mogul, according to Texas-based lawyer Tony Buzbee.
Sean 'Diddy' Combsfaces 120 more sexual abuse claims, including 25 victims who were minors
His clients, some of whom were minors when the alleged abuse took place, accuse Combs of "violent sexual assault or rape," "facilitated sex with a controlled substance," "dissemination of video recordings" and "sexual abuse of minors," Buzbee said during a Tuesday press conference.
Contributing: KiMi Robinson, Brendan Morrow
veryGood! (6262)
Related
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- Opinion: Mauricio Pochettino's first USMNT roster may be disappointing, but it makes sense
- Hurricane Helene brings climate change to forefront of the presidential campaign
- The flood of ghost guns is slowing after regulation. It’s also being challenged in the Supreme Court
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- 2025 NFL mock draft: Travis Hunter rises all the way to top of first round
- Florida communities hit three times by hurricanes grapple with how and whether to rebuild
- Massachusetts governor puts new gun law into effect immediately
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- PFF adds an in-game grading feature to its NFL analysis
Ranking
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer Sells Once Every 4 Seconds: Get 50% Off Before It's Gone
- Figures, Dobson clash in congressional debate
- Mormon faith pushes ahead with global temple building boom despite cool reception in Las Vegas
- Augusta chairman confident Masters will go on as club focuses on community recovery from Helene
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Black bear found dead on Tennessee highway next to pancakes
- When is the finale of 'Power Book II: Ghost' Season 4? Release date, time, cast, where to watch
- Judge denies Wisconsin attorney general’s request to review Milwaukee archdiocese records
Recommendation
'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
Adam Brody Addresses Whether Gilmore Girls' Dave Rygalski Earned the Best Boyfriend Title
Helene will likely cause thousands of deaths over decades, study suggests
Travis Kelce’s Role in Horror Series Grotesquerie Revealed
Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
Why Real Housewives of Potomac's Karen Huger Feels Gratitude After DUI Car Accident
CGI babies? What we know about new 'Rugrats' movie adaptation
These Designer Michael Kors Handbags Are All Under $100 & Been Quietly Put on Sale With an Extra 20% Off