Current:Home > MarketsRekubit-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Capitatum
Rekubit-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Charles H. Sloan View
Date:2025-04-05 14:03:37
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Rekubit which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (56125)
Related
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- Grand Canyon gets first March Madness win, is eighth double-digit seed to reach second round
- Princess Kate, King Charles have cancer: A timeline of the royal family's biggest moments
- Mega Millions jackpot soars $1.1 billion. This one number hasn't won for months in lottery
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Geomagnetic storm from a solar flare could disrupt radio communications and create a striking aurora
- Led by Caleb Love, Arizona is doing all the right things to make Final Four return
- Psst, Amazon's Big Spring Sale Has The Stylish & Affordable Swimwear You've Been Looking For
- Woman dies after Singapore family of 3 gets into accident in Taiwan
- Book excerpt: Age of Revolutions by Fareed Zakaria
Ranking
- 'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
- Ilia Malinin nails six quadruple jumps and leads US team's stunning performance at worlds
- All Of Your Burning Questions About Adult Acne, Answered
- How the Kate Middleton Story Flew So Spectacularly Off the Rails
- Why we love Bear Pond Books, a ski town bookstore with a French bulldog 'Staff Pup'
- Nevada’s first big-game moose hunt will be tiny as unusual southern expansion defies climate change
- What's in a name? Maybe a higher stock. Trump's Truth Social to trade under his initials
- 2 suspects, including teen, arrested in connection to New York City murder of Nadia Vitel
Recommendation
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
Mining Companies Say They Have a Better Way to Get Underground Lithium, but Skepticism Remains
April 2024 total solar eclipse guide: How to watch, understand and stay safe on April 8
Stellantis recalls nearly 285,000 Dodge, Chrysler cars over potentially deadly airbag defect
Tree trimmer dead after getting caught in wood chipper at Florida town hall
Dynamic pricing was once the realm of Uber and airlines. Now, it's coming to restaurants.
What's in a name? Maybe a higher stock. Trump's Truth Social to trade under his initials
Barn collapse kills 1 man, injures another in southern Illinois