Current:Home > StocksSophia Culpo’s Ex Braxton Berrios Responds to Cheating Allegations -Capitatum
Sophia Culpo’s Ex Braxton Berrios Responds to Cheating Allegations
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 11:26:05
Braxton Berrios is calling time out on the rumors surrounding his former relationship with Sophia Culpo.
The Miami Dolphins player offered his side of the story regarding his past romance with the Culpo Sisters star, who announced their breakup in March and appeared to shade him and his rumored new flame Alix Earle on June 26.
"I don't want to start anything," Berrios said in a video posted to his Instagram Story June 27, without naming either woman. "I don't want to fuel anything. I genuinely want all of this to be over and everybody to move on and do whatever makes them happy."
Berrios said he recently got out of a two-year relationship that ended on amicable terms.
"It was a good relationship, it was a healthy one," Berrios explained. "And towards the end of it, we had conversations along the lines of we just weren't working out. So when we split back in January, that's why."
He clarified, "It had nothing to do with anything else. It had nothing to do with anybody else for that matter."
Berrios said the couple "just didn't work out, and that's OK" and that recent social media activity had taken him aback.
"It's been very weird and sad to see kind of what's gone on since then," the 27-year-old said. "I've been quiet because it's totally out of character for me to talk about my private life, publicly. But I feel like it needed to be touched on now."
Culpo has disputed his claims in the past, saying that their split "didn't end well or honestly" and that "a lot of trust was broken."
She then raised eyebrows June 26 by appearing to shade Berrios and Earle, after the pair were seen together in the Hamptons a day prior.
"Give it a few," she captioned a since-deleted TikTok without naming names, per People, "but call me when the lovebombing ends. I gotchu #girltok #narcredflag."
After fans raised speculation she was talking about Berrios and Earle, Culpo hit back in a June 26 post, "I'm sorry the internet has their panties in a wad. It wasn't that deep."
Culpo and Berrios were first linked in early 2021. She confirmed her breakup with the NFL player in March and moved out of their shared New Jersey home in the weeks after.
"I'm really grateful that I'm even able to pick myself up and move myself to a new place of my own," she said on Instagram Stories April 3. "I don't wish what I went through on anybody. I really, really don't. I'm trying my best to just take the high road here."
A month later, Berrios and Earle sparked romance rumors after they were spotted partying together in Miami. The pair seemed to reunite at the Palm Tree Music Festival in Westhampton, N.Y., which Earle documented on TikTok, including clips of her hugging and kissing an unidentified man on a bed.
In response to her fans buzzing in the comments about a possible "hard launch," Earle, 22, clarified her relationship status.
"We're not even 'dating,'" she replied on June 25, "but just hard for me to not share stuff w u guys hahahaha."
E! News has reached out to reps for Berrios, Earle and Culpo for comment on the allegations but hasn't heard back.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (23)
Related
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- With Republicans Claiming the Senate and Possibly the House, Congress Expected to Reverse Course on Climate
- General Hospital's Dominic Zamprogna Shares Message to Kelly Monaco After Her Exit
- How Jinger Duggar Vuolo Celebrated 8th Wedding Anniversary With Husband Jeremy Vuolo
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Ricky Martin's 16-Year-Old Twins Look So Grown Up During Rare Public Appearance
- Mike Williams trade grades: Did Steelers or Jets win deal for WR?
- 6 indicted for allegedly conspiring to kill detention center officers in Georgia
- Charges tied to China weigh on GM in Q4, but profit and revenue top expectations
- Stranger Things Season 5 Teaser Hints at a Character’s Disappearance
Ranking
- How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
- Plane crashes with 5 passengers on board in Arizona, officials say
- How Ariana Grande and BFF Elizabeth Gillies’ Friendship Has Endured Since Victorious
- DZA Token Joins Forces with AI, Propelling the AI FinFlare Investment System to New Heights
- Trump's 'stop
- Republican supermajority unchanged in Tennessee Statehouse but Democrats don’t give up ground
- Lionel Messi called up by Argentina for 2 matches during break in MLS Cup Playoffs
- Highest court in Massachusetts to hear arguments in Karen Read’s bid to dismiss murder charge
Recommendation
'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
Republican Hal Rogers wins reelection to Kentucky’s 5th Congressional District
Influencer banned for life from NYC Marathon after obstructing runners during race
Prince William Shows Off Sweet Friendship Bracelet Princess Charlotte Made for Taylor Swift Concert
Have Dry, Sensitive Skin? You Need To Add These Gentle Skincare Products to Your Routine
Trio of ballot failures leads marijuana backers to refocus their efforts for recreational weed
Chauncy Glover, Emmy-winning LA TV anchor, dies at 39: Reports
Jury finds Alabama man not guilty of murdering 11-year-old girl in 1988