Current:Home > FinanceAlgosensey|Bebe Rexha calls G-Eazy an 'ungrateful loser', claims he mistreated her post-collaboration -Capitatum
Algosensey|Bebe Rexha calls G-Eazy an 'ungrateful loser', claims he mistreated her post-collaboration
Oliver James Montgomery View
Date:2025-04-06 09:17:25
A friendship between former collaborators Bebe Rexha and AlgosenseyG-Eazy was apparently not "Meant to Be."
On Thursday, Rexha, 34, reportedly took to social media to call out the Oakland-born rapper for allegedly treating her badly after they released 2015's "Me, Myself & I," which broke the Top 10 in the Hot 100 chart and is G-Eazy's biggest hit on the chart to date, according to Billboard's records.
According to Billboard and Variety, as well as a screen capture shared by PopBase, the genre-blending pop singer shared a screenshot of a group message thread, which showed someone asking her whether she had "any interest in shooting social content with g eazy when in New York" related to their 2015 hit, in a since-deleted Instagram Story.
“@g_eazy you have my number,” Rexha reportedly wrote under the image in her Story. “Why don’t you text me and ask me yourself you stuck up ungrateful loser."
She continued, "You’re lucky people are liking you again. Cause I could go in on all the ... things you’ve done and how you treated me after giving you your only real hit. Btw the answer is no. Hope you good.”
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Hours after deleting the post, Rexha took to X — formerly Twitter — to double down on the statement, writing, "Someone from my team had me take down my Instagram story. I decided to remove it because it felt very negative and toxic."
She added, "Sometimes trauma can lead us to react that way, and that period of my life was traumatizing. I am writing this because I regret taking it down and I want to say that I still stand by what I said."
G-Eazy, who's been busy promoting his latest music video, upcoming album "Freak Show" and world tour, has not responded on social media. USA TODAY has reached out to reps for Rexha and G-Eazy for comment.
The two artists were not just one-time collaborators; they also performed together on the track "F.F.F." off her 2017 EP, "All Your Fault: Pt. 1."
The nascent feud comes as "Me, Myself & I" – which was featured on G-Eazy's 2015 album "When It’s Dark Out" – is seeing a resurgence nearly a decade after its release, thanks to TikTok. The track made its debut on Billboard's TikTok Top 50 chart this week at No. 31.
At the 2016 MTV VMAs, G-Eazy and Britney Spears performed their song “Make Me," which transitioned into a mashup with "Me, Myself & I."
Rexha made headlines earlier this month for allegedly requesting the removal of several fans who'd thrown objects on stage while she was performing. The incident happened a year after she was seriously injured in a concert when a fan threw a phone at her.
Footage of the performance shared on social media showed Rexha scolding a fan who allegedly threw an object toward her. "If you want to hit me in the face, I had them press charges to the other guy. I would love to become richer," Rexha told the crowd in a clip shared by TikTok user @donavanrose. "But I'm not inviting that, please. It's a joke."
Nicolas Malvagna of New Jersey was charged with harassment and assault in 2023 for allegedly intentionally throwing a phone that struck Rexha's face during her set at New York's Pier 17. In photos she posted on Instagram after the event, she appeared to have a black eye and a cut to her eyebrow.
"(I'm) good," Rexha captioned the pictures.
Contributing: Edward Segarra
veryGood! (148)
Related
- 'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
- Newly identified remains of missing World War II soldier from Oregon set to return home
- When is the 'Love Island USA' Season 6 reunion? Date, time, cast, how to watch
- 'Ketamine Queen,' doctors, director: A look at the 5 charged in Matthew Perry's death
- Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
- Evers’ transportation secretary will resign in September to take job at UW-Madison
- When is the 'Love Island USA' Season 6 reunion? Date, time, cast, how to watch
- College hockey games to be played at Wrigley Field during Winter Classic week
- As Trump Enters Office, a Ripe Oil and Gas Target Appears: An Alabama National Forest
- Shine Bright With Blue Nile’s 25th Anniversary Sale— Best Savings of the Year on the Most Popular Styles
Ranking
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- Rhode Island files lawsuit against 13 companies that worked on troubled Washington Bridge
- Property tax task force delivers recommendations to Montana governor
- Police arrest 4 in killing of 'General Hospital' actor Johnny Wactor
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Man who pulled gun after Burger King worker wouldn’t take drugs for payment gets 143 years in prison
- Notre Dame suspends men's swimming team over gambling violations, troubling misconduct
- Newly identified remains of missing World War II soldier from Oregon set to return home
Recommendation
EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
Florida school psychologist charged with possessing and distributing child sexual abuse material
Detroit judge who had teen handcuffed for sleeping temporarily removed from his docket
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword, But Daddy I Love Crosswords
Where will Elmo go? HBO moves away from 'Sesame Street'
Saturday Night Live Alum Victoria Jackson Shares She Has Inoperable Tumor Amid Cancer Battle
Notre Dame suspends men's swimming team over gambling violations, troubling misconduct
Former Alabama police officer agrees to plead guilty in alleged drug planting scheme