Current:Home > StocksSean 'Diddy' Combs sued for battery, rape in new lawsuit over alleged '90s incidents -Capitatum
Sean 'Diddy' Combs sued for battery, rape in new lawsuit over alleged '90s incidents
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-05 19:38:26
Sean "Diddy" Combs has been hit with another lawsuit, this time from a woman who is accusing the rapper of battery and sexual assault stemming from alleged incidents that occurred in the mid-'90s.
In April Lampros' Thursday filing in New York County Supreme Court, which was obtained by USA TODAY, she claims to have met the music mogul in 1994, when she was a college student at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
She alleges that at first he "love-bombed her" and "showered her with gifts and flowers," but "what Mr. Combs displayed as kind gestures quickly manifested into an aggressive, coercive and abusive relationship based on sex."
She details one rape that allegedly occurred in 1995, as well as a sexual assault sometime after the first incident that took place inside a car, which she says a parking attendant witnessed. She also says there was a 1996 incident during which Combs forced her and his girlfriend Kim Porter (who died in 2018 and shared four children with Combs) to take ecstasy and have sex together before he raped her.
Lampros also alleges Combs assaulted her at her apartment in either 2000 or 2001. The lawsuit names Combs, his label Bad Boy Records and Arista Records as defendants.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
USA TODAY has reached out to a representative for Combs for comment. TMZ was first to publish the news.
Lampros is the second woman to sue Combs this week. On Tuesday, Crystal McKinney filed a lawsuit in federal court alleging the embattled business mogul assaulted her in his New York recording studio when he was 34 and she was 22. She also claimed he promised to help her career then later "blackballed" her from the modeling industry.
Similarly, Lampros' lawsuit claims: "Combs promised to mentor her and help her by introducing her to music and fashion industry executives as well as assisting her with finding work."
The filing continues, "She felt that if she disobeyed him, he would take away her dreams of pursuing a career in his world. Mr. Combs would also threaten to blacklist her in the industry if she tried to mess with him in any way."
The complaint also includes several photos, including one of the two of them and "a friend" at Bad Boy Studios, an alleged Valentine's Day card and Father's Day celebration invite.
Legal experts weigh in:Combs owned up to assaulting Cassie. Should he have?
Accuser's lawyer has represented others who've sued the Combs family
The lawyer for Lampros, Tyrone Blackburn, is also representing other accusers who allege Combs and his son, Christian "King" Combs, sexually assaulted them.
Rodney "Lil Rod" Jones, a producer on Diddy's latest album, accused the music mogul of sexual assault and harassment in a February lawsuit. Last month, Grace O'Marcaigh accused Christian Combs, 26, of sexually assaulting her in late December 2022. Lawyers for the Combs family denied claims made in both lawsuits.
Attorney Shawn Holley said in a statement to USA TODAY at the time that Jones "is nothing more than a liar who filed a $30 million lawsuit shamelessly looking for an undeserved payday. His reckless name-dropping about events that are pure fiction and simply did not happen is nothing more than a transparent attempt to garner headlines."
He added, "We have overwhelming, indisputable proof that his claims are complete lies. Our attempts to share this proof with Mr. Jones' attorney, Tyrone Blackburn, have been ignored, as Mr. Blackburn refuses to return our calls. We will address these outlandish allegations in court and take all appropriate action against those who make them."
What has Diddy said?
Combs is facing multiple other lawsuits filed in recent months, including one in which an anonymous accuser alleged he and his associates raped her when she was 17 years old and another in which his ex-girlfriend, the singer Cassie, accused Combs of rape, sex trafficking and physical abuse. Combs and Cassie settled for an undisclosed amount a day after the lawsuit was filed.
In November, a woman named Joi Dickerson-Neal filed a lawsuit against Combs alleging she was drugged, sexually assaulted and abused, and was the victim of "revenge porn."
Combs has denied all claims against him. However, following the release of a surveillance video showing him physically assaulting Ventura in 2016, Combs posted an apology video asking for forgiveness on May 19.
"My behavior on that video is inexcusable," Diddy said. "I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I'm disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it, (and) I'm disgusted now."
In March, Combs' homes in California and Florida were searched by U.S. Homeland Security on Monday as part of an "ongoing" federal investigation.
NBC News, the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press reported that the searches were part of an ongoing sex trafficking investigation out of New York.
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence, RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline offers free, confidential, 24/7 support to survivors and their loved ones in English and Spanish at: 800-656-HOPE (4673) and Hotline.RAINN.org and en Español RAINN.org/es.
veryGood! (49298)
Related
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Democrat Laura Gillen wins US House seat on Long Island, unseating GOP incumbent
- Zach Bryan Hints at the “Trouble” He Caused in New Song Dropped After Dave Portnoy Diss Track
- The surprising way I’m surviving election day? Puppies. Lots of puppies.
- Intellectuals vs. The Internet
- When does Spotify Wrapped stop tracking for 2024? Streamer dismisses false rumor
- Average rate on a 30-year mortgage in the US rises for 6th straight week
- Wild winds fuel Southern California wildfire that has forced thousands to evacuate
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- McDonald's brings back Spicy Chicken McNuggets to menu in participating markets
Ranking
- McKinsey to pay $650 million after advising opioid maker on how to 'turbocharge' sales
- Republican David McCormick flips pivotal Pennsylvania Senate seat, ousts Bob Casey
- A Texas border county backed Democrats for generations. Trump won it decisively
- 'The View' co-hosts react to Donald Trump win: How to watch ABC daytime show
- Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
- Ravens to debut 'Purple Rising' helmets vs. Bengals on 'Thursday Night Football'
- Man who used legal loophole to live rent-free for years in NYC hotel found unfit to stand trial
- YouTuber known for drag race videos crashes speeding BMW and dies
Recommendation
Intellectuals vs. The Internet
3 women shot after discussion over politics; no arrest made, Miami police say
Attention Upper East-Siders: Gossip Girl Fans Spot Continuity Errors in Series
Starbucks holiday menu 2024 returns with new refreshers, food items: See the full menu
'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
After Trump Win, World Says ‘We’ve Been Here Before’
Stocks surge to record highs as Trump returns to presidency
How Outer Banks Cast Reacted to Season 4 Finale’s Shocking Ending