Current:Home > reviewsFastexy:Luis Suárez reunites with Lionel Messi, joins Inter Miami on one-year deal -Capitatum
Fastexy:Luis Suárez reunites with Lionel Messi, joins Inter Miami on one-year deal
Benjamin Ashford View
Date:2025-04-06 18:20:49
Lionel Messi has a new running mate with Inter Miami.
Luis Suárez,Fastexy the Uruguayan striker who was Messi’s teammate at FC Barcelona for six years, has joined Inter Miami on a one-year deal, the club announced on Friday. He will reunite with Messi, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets, former Barcelona stars with Inter Miami.
“Nothing more beautiful than playing with friends,” Inter Miami posted in a photo with four children in the team’s academy wearing Messi, Alba, Busquets and Suárez jerseys.
Suárez is a UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup and Conmebol Copa América winner and a five-time LaLiga champion.
“I’m very happy and excited to take on this new challenge with Inter Miami. I can’t wait to get started, and I’m ready to work to make the dream of winning more titles with this great Club a reality. I’m optimistic about what we can achieve together with our shared ambition,” Suárez said in a statement.
“I will give my all to bring joy to these great fans I’ve heard so much about while I wear Inter Miami colors, and look forward to reuniting with great friends and players. I’m also eager to meet my new teammates and coaches.”
Suárez was named the Best Player and Best Striker in the Brazilian league, producing 26 goals and 17 assists over 53 appearances, and leading Grêmio to win the Campeonato Gaúcho and Recopa Gaúcha earlier this year.
Suárez played alongside Messi, Alba and Busquets in Barcelona from 2014-20, where he won one UEFA Champions League, one FIFA Club World Cup, four LaLiga titles, four Copa del Rey titles, one UEFA Super Cup and two Supercopa de España titles. He scored 195 goals with 113 assists in 283 matches.
“We are happy to welcome world class striker Luis Suarez to our club. Luis is a fierce competitor whose winning drive embodies what we want out of our players. We promised our fans we would pursue the world’s best players to build a squad that can compete at the highest echelons in the Americas. Coming off an award-winning season in Brazil, Luis will be a key addition to our roster. We will continue to be ambitious and always strive to pursue the Freedom to Dream,” said Inter Miami managing owner Jorge Mas said in a statement.
“We are delighted to have a player of Luis’ quality and passion for the game join our Club. He joins a squad that is inspiring the next generation and we look forward to seeing him take to the field with both former teammates and young players from our Academy,” Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham said in the statement.
veryGood! (4692)
Related
- Mets have visions of grandeur, and a dynasty, with Juan Soto as major catalyst
- OpenAI reinstates Sam Altman as its chief executive
- Germany to extradite an Italian man suspected in the killing of a woman that outraged Italy
- Matt Rife responds to domestic violence backlash from Netflix special with disability joke
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- Prince Harry will appeal to ministers to obtain evidence for lawsuit against UK publisher
- 1000-Lb. Sisters' Tammy Slaton Honors Late Husband Caleb Willingham 4 Months After His Death
- Susan Sarandon dropped by talent agency following pro-Palestinian rally appearance, reports say
- Former Syrian official arrested in California who oversaw prison charged with torture
- Broadway costuming legend accused of sexual assault in civil suit
Ranking
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Biden declares emergency over lead in water in US Virgin Islands
- IRS delaying $600 payment reporting rule for PayPal, Venmo and more — again
- The ‘Oppenheimer’ creative team take you behind the scenes of the film’s key moments
- Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
- Officials identify man fatally shot by California Highway Patrol on Los Angeles freeway; probe opened by state AG
- 4 Las Vegas teenagers charged with murder as adults in fatal beating of high school classmate
- Here's what will cost you more — and less — for the big Thanksgiving feast
Recommendation
The Grammy nominee you need to hear: Esperanza Spalding
Prepare for Beyoncé's 'Renaissance' film: What to wear, how to do mute challenge
The ‘Oppenheimer’ creative team take you behind the scenes of the film’s key moments
Police say some 70 bullets fired in North Philadelphia shooting that left 2 dead, 5 wounded
Stamford Road collision sends motorcyclist flying; driver arrested
An election to replace the longest-serving leader of the Netherlands gives voters a clean slate
Niall Horan says he 'might pass out' on 'The Voice' from Playoffs pressure: 'I'm not OK'
'Really good chance' Andrei Vasilevskiy could return on Lightning's road trip