Current:Home > reviewsFastexy:'Young, frightened raccoon' leaves 2 injured at Hersheypark as guests scream and run -Capitatum
Fastexy:'Young, frightened raccoon' leaves 2 injured at Hersheypark as guests scream and run
Indexbit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 09:57:29
Two people suffered minor injuries from a raccoon attack at Hersheypark on FastexyThursday.
The chocolate themed amusement park had an unwanted guest who disturbed the peace at one of their amusement park rides.
In a video of the attack, the raccoon is seen running in between guests causing a commotion. The guests screamed and moved out the raccoon’s path as the animal ran in and out of the long lines.
Director of Public Relations at Hersheypark, Quinn Bryner, confirmed that the attack did happen at the amusement park last month.
“As a park with a long and established history, guest safety is and will always be our top priority at Hersheypark,” Briner said. “As such, we have a full complement of public safety and health professionals on property who responded quickly to render necessary care to the two people impacted.”
2 brothers attacked by mountain lion:in California 'driven by nature', family says
What happened to the two people attacked by the raccoon?
At the time of the incident, Hersheypark employees responded to the area to help those who were impacted by the attack.
“Out of an abundance of caution, we did transport those impacted to a local hospital for observation,” Bryner said.
The amusement park said the individuals involved did not have any serious injures from the attack but were transported to a hospital as a safety precaution.
“We can speak only to the onsite treatment that would be typically classified as a minor injury - generally consistent with scratches from an animal,” Bryner said.
Is this the first animal attack at Hersheypark?
Hersheypark said that this is the first ever animal attack that the park has encountered.
“This is the first incident that we can recall of what appeared to be a young, frightened raccoon acting in this manner. We do have extensive fencing to help prevent this type of incident from occurring,” Bryner said.
What has the park done since the attack?
For the safety of its guests, Hersheypark is planning to continue to keep an eye on the area for any more unwanted guests.
“Since the incident, we have actively monitored the area in question and have partnered with animal experts to help relocate as necessary,” Bryner said.
Ahjané Forbes is a reporter on the National Trending Team at USA TODAY. Ahjané covers breaking news, car recalls, crime, health, lottery and public policy stories. Email her at [email protected]. Follow her on Instagram, Threads and X @forbesfineest.
veryGood! (4)
Related
- What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
- Extreme heat is cutting into recess for kids. Experts say that's a problem
- US Justice Department says New Jersey failed veterans in state-run homes during COVID-19
- Police manhunt for Danelo Cavalcante presses on; schools reopen, perimeter shifts
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Madison Keys feels 'right at home' at US Open. Could Grand Slam breakthrough be coming?
- At least 21 killed, thousands displaced by Brazil cyclone
- 'That '70s Show' actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for 2 rapes
- The Grammy nominee you need to hear: Esperanza Spalding
- Gabon's coup leaders say ousted president is 'freed' and can travel on a medical trip
Ranking
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- 'That '70s Show' actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for 2 rapes
- Rents are falling more slowly in U.S. suburbs than in cities. Here's why.
- Prosecutors to seek Hunter Biden indictment from grand jury before Sept. 29, special counsel David Weiss says
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- Biden aims to use G20 summit and Vietnam visit to highlight US as trustworthy alternative to China
- Suspect serial killer arrested in Rwanda after over 10 bodies found in a pit at his home
- Kendra Wilkinson admitted to emergency room for reported panic attack
Recommendation
Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
Judge orders Texas to remove floating barriers aimed at discouraging migrants from entering US
Joe Jonas Performs Without His Wedding Ring After Confirming Sophie Turner Divorce
Inside Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner’s Lives in the Weeks Leading Up to Divorce
Charges tied to China weigh on GM in Q4, but profit and revenue top expectations
Three 15-year-olds die when car crashes into vacant home in suburban St. Louis
Kendra Wilkinson admitted to emergency room for reported panic attack
Jamie Foxx’s Tribute to His Late Sister DeOndra Dixon Will Have You Smiling Through Tears