Current:Home > FinanceAlgosensey|Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says -Capitatum
Algosensey|Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
SafeX Pro View
Date:2025-04-06 09:50:59
Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales,Algosensey 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Princess Kate hospitalizedfor abdominal surgery, postpones royal engagements, palace says
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
King Charles recently treated for an enlarged prostate
That same day as the news of Kate's surgery, Buckingham Palace announced King Charles III would undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate.
King Charles was admitted to a London hospital for the scheduled treatment, the palace announced Friday.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said.
On. Jan 17, Buckingham Palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The palace said the king's condition is "benign," but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
King Charles III to be hospitalizedfor enlarged prostate, palace says
veryGood! (9592)
Related
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- Blast rocks residential building in southern China
- OpenAI releases AI video generator Sora to all customers
- Krispy Kreme's 'Day of the Dozens' offers 12 free doughnuts with purchase: When to get the deal
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- Austin Tice's parents reveal how the family coped for the last 12 years
- The best tech gifts, gadgets for the holidays featured on 'The Today Show'
- Stock market today: Asian stocks are mixed ahead of key US inflation data
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Australian man arrested for starting fire at Changi Airport
Ranking
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- The best tech gifts, gadgets for the holidays featured on 'The Today Show'
- TikTok asks Supreme Court to review ban legislation, content creators react: What to know
- Michael Cole, 'The Mod Squad' and 'General Hospital' actor, dies at 84
- Grammy nominee Teddy Swims on love, growth and embracing change
- Rooftop Solar Keeps Getting More Accessible Across Incomes. Here’s Why
- Biden and Tribal Leaders Celebrate Four Years of Accomplishments on Behalf of Native Americans
- Krispy Kreme's 'Day of the Dozens' offers 12 free doughnuts with purchase: When to get the deal
Recommendation
Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
How to watch the Geminid meteor shower this weekend
Horoscopes Today, December 11, 2024
CEO shooting suspect Luigi Mangione may have suffered from spondylolisthesis. What is it?
McKinsey to pay $650 million after advising opioid maker on how to 'turbocharge' sales
Apple, Android users on notice from FBI, CISA about texts amid 'massive espionage campaign'
Is that Cillian Murphy as a zombie in the '28 Years Later' trailer?
Trump names Andrew Ferguson as head of Federal Trade Commission to replace Lina Khan