Current:Home > MarketsOliver James Montgomery-Ezra Miller Breaks Silence After "Egregious" Protective Order Is Lifted -Capitatum
Oliver James Montgomery-Ezra Miller Breaks Silence After "Egregious" Protective Order Is Lifted
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-06 11:08:17
Ezra Miller is speaking out following the recent expiration of a temporary harassment order that was issued against them over allegations of inappropriate behavior toward a minor,Oliver James Montgomery which the Flash movie star's lawyer has denied.
The order was lifted June 30, a year after it was issued by a judge, as seen in court documents posted by Deadline. In her 2022 filing, a Massachusetts woman accused Miller of acting inappropriately toward her child, now 12, and also harassing the family, the Daily Beast had reported.
"I'm encouraged by today's outcome and very grateful at this moment to everyone who has stood beside me and sought to ensure that this egregious misuse of the protection order was halted," Miller said in a statement posted to Instagram June 30, adding that they "have been unjustly and directly targeted."
The Fantastic Beasts star, who sought mental health treatment last year amid a series of legal issues, also wrote, "On a personal note, I want everyone to know that I am continuing to do my best to preserve my own wellness and what I can to reverse the collateral damage this ordeal has brought upon me and those close to me."
Miller continued, "Finally, to all you many beings in this world who have had the enormous courage to see me through it all and make it here with me—I will spend a long time trying to explain to you what it has meant to have your support. You have my undying gratitude, admiration and love."
No criminal charges were ever filed in the case and Miller's attorney, Marissa Elkins, told Deadline in a statement that the original order "was based on untrue allegations" and that her client was "never alone with the child and never interacted with the child outside of two brief encounters which occurred in the presence of several other adults."
The lawyer added that Miller had three encounters with the mother, which were "entirely initiated by her, exceedingly brief, and absolutely did not involve any inappropriate interaction with her child." The accuser has not commented on the lifting of the order.
Elkins also told Deadline that the woman "lodged her false allegations at a time when Ezra was struggling with significant mental health issues, and was unable to come to court to defend themself against the spurious claims made by this individual."
Last August, two months after the protective order was filed, Miller wrote on Instagram, "Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment. I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (29751)
Related
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- A University of Maryland Center Just Gave Most State Agencies Ds and Fs on an Environmental Justice ‘Scorecard’
- Chad Michael Murray's Wife Sarah Roemer Is Pregnant With Baby No. 3
- Extreme Heat Poses an Emerging Threat to Food Crops
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Journalists at Gannett newspapers walk out over deep cuts and low pay
- Jamie Foxx Takes a Boat Ride in First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- When an Oil Well Is Your Neighbor
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Amazon must pay over $30 million over claims it invaded privacy with Ring and Alexa
Ranking
- Former Syrian official arrested in California who oversaw prison charged with torture
- Grimes used AI to clone her own voice. We cloned the voice of a host of Planet Money.
- Matthew McConaughey and Wife Camila Alves Let Son Levi Join Instagram After “Holding Out” for 3 Years
- Children as young as 12 work legally on farms, despite years of efforts to change law
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- Colleen Ballinger's Team Sets the Record Straight on Blackface Allegations
- Jenna Dewan and Daughter Everly Enjoy a Crazy Fun Girls Trip
- Some cancer drugs are in short supply, putting patients' care at risk. Here's why
Recommendation
Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
Inside Clean Energy: Navigating the U.S. Solar Industry’s Spring of Discontent
GM's electric vehicles will gain access to Tesla's charging network
Britney Spears Condemns Security Attack as Further Evidence of Her Not Being Seen as an Equal Person
Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
A University of Maryland Center Just Gave Most State Agencies Ds and Fs on an Environmental Justice ‘Scorecard’
Sony and Marvel and the Amazing Spider-Man Films Rights Saga
Britney Spears Speaks Out After Alleged Slap by NBA Star Victor Wembanyama's Security Guard in Vegas