Current:Home > ContactRekubit-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Capitatum
Rekubit-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-05 20:55:39
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Rekubit which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (44921)
Related
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Sofía Vergara's Suncare-First Beauty Line Is Toty Everything You Need to Embrace Your Belleza
- FDA investigating baby's death linked to probiotic given by hospital
- At a ‘Climate Convergence,’ Pennsylvania Environmental Activists Urge Gov. Shapiro and State Lawmakers to Do More to Curb Emissions
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Nevada governor files lawsuit challenging ethics censure, fine over use of badge on campaign trail
- Kidnapping suspect who left ransom note also gave police a clue — his fingerprints
- Plans to accommodate transgender swimmers at a World Cup meet scrapped because of lack of entries
- Sam Taylor
- Brazil’s government starts expelling non-Indigenous people from two native territories in the Amazon
Ranking
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- Jimmy Fallon Perfectly Sums Up What Happened During 5-Month Late-Night Hiatus: Taylor Swift
- A blast at an illegal oil refinery site kills at least 15 in Nigeria, residents say
- Rookie Devon Witherspoon scores on 97-yard pick six as Seahawks dominate Giants
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- Jimmy Butler shows off 'emo' hairstyle, predicts Heat will win NBA Finals in 2023
- North Dakota state senator Doug Larsen, his wife and 2 children killed in Utah plane crash
- When Uncle Sam stops paying the childcare bill
Recommendation
Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
Meet Jellybean, a new court advocate in Wayne County, Michigan. She keeps victims calm.
Ronaldo gets 1st Asian Champions League goal. Saudi team refuses to play in Iran over statue dispute
North Dakota state senator, wife and 2 children killed in Utah plane crash
Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
Spain’s king calls on acting Socialist Prime Minister Sánchez to try to from the government
Suspect in kidnapping of 9-year-old Charlotte Sena in upstate New York identified
Powerball jackpot reaches $1.04 billion. Here's how Monday's drawing became the fourth largest.