Current:Home > InvestInfluencer Candice Miller Sued for Nearly $200,000 in Unpaid Rent After Husband Brandon’s Death -Capitatum
Influencer Candice Miller Sued for Nearly $200,000 in Unpaid Rent After Husband Brandon’s Death
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 07:50:19
Content warning: This story discusses suicide.
Candice Miller is facing more financial trouble.
More than two months after the influencer’s real estate mogul husband Brandon Miller died by suicide, the 42-year-old has been served with a $194,881.89 lawsuit for “unpaid use and occupancy of,” a Park Avenue residence in New York City according to court documents obtained by E! News.
The court documents filed by Mak Acquisitions state that Candice, who lived at the residence with Brandon and their two daughters, vacated the premises at the end of August. Still, she has four months of unpaid rent totaling $47,000 for the months of April and May 2024 and $49,000 for June and July 2024 on the five-bedroom and seven-and-a-half-bathroom residence leading the apartment unit’s owner, the documents allege.
Further, the documents indicate Candice’s unit was charged with $881.89 for a plumbing invoice from March, and while her security deposit of $47,000 was put toward August rent, $2000 remains on her balance from the June rent increase.
In total, the documents, filed Sept. 1, assert that the former Mama & Tata lifestyle blogger owes $194,881.49 with a 9 percent yearly interest rate. The court documents allege that Candice had “intentionally and knowingly” benefited from “wrongful” actions at the expense of her apartment’s owner.
E! News has reached out to Candice Miller for comment but has not yet heard back.
Brandon died by suicide at age 43 in the Millers’ Hamptons home July 3 while the rest of his family was vacationing in the Amalfi Coast, a Suffolk County law enforcement official told The New York Times, adding that the businessman had written in a note prior to his death that a business deal he had hoped would ease his family’s financial strain had collapsed.
Following her husband’s death, Candice’s Mama & Tata Instagram account—which she ran with her sister Jenna Crespi—was deactivated, and she later put the couple’s Hampton’s home on the market for 15.5 million in August.
While Candice—who met Brandon when the couple were kids—has not spoken out about her husband’s death or her lawsuits, a spokesperson told The New York Times the family was “overwhelmed by grief.”
“Candice is devastated by the loss of her soul mate,” the spokesperson continued. “And her two young daughters’ lives are forever impacted by the loss of their beloved daddy."
If you or someone you know needs help, call 988 to reach the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. You can also call the network, previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, at 800-273-8255, text HOME to 741741 or visit SpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources for additional resources.veryGood! (99)
Related
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- Wisconsin Republicans revive income tax cut after Evers vetoed similar plan
- Wagner Group leader killed in plane crash buried in private funeral
- Kirkus Prize names Jesmyn Ward, Héctor Tobar among finalists for top literary award
- US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
- Maui Electric responds to lawsuit, claims power lines were de-energized
- Denver City Council settles Black Lives Matter lawsuit for $4.72 million
- Suits Creator Reveals Irritating Feedback Royal Family Had for Meghan Markle's Character
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- March on Washington organizer remembers historic moment as country pushes for change
Ranking
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer Sells Once Every 4 Seconds: Get 50% Off Before It's Gone
- Nothing had been done like that before: Civil rights icon Dr. Josie Johnson on 60 years since March on Washington
- Paris Jackson slams 'abuse' from Michael Jackson superfans over birthday post for King of Pop
- Judge sets start date of March 4 for Trump's federal election interference trial
- From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
- Gabon’s wealthy, dynastic leader thought he could resist Africa’s trend of coups. He might be wrong
- Michigan man won $835k this year after winning online lottery twice
- South Korean auto supplier plans $72 million plant in Georgia to build electric vehicle parts
Recommendation
Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
Michael Oher Subpoenas Tuohys' Agents and The Blind Side Filmmakers in Legal Case
Should you stand or sit at a concert? Adele fan ignites debate
2 killed when chopper crashes into apartments
Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
Kyle McCord getting start for Ohio State against Indiana, but QB battle will continue
Mother of Spanish Soccer President Goes on Hunger Strike Amid Controversy Over World Cup Kiss
Fergie Gives Rare Look at Her and Josh Duhamel’s Look-Alike Son Axl on 10th Birthday