Current:Home > MarketsOliver James Montgomery-Police have unserved warrant for Miles Bridges for violation of domestic violence protective order -Capitatum
Oliver James Montgomery-Police have unserved warrant for Miles Bridges for violation of domestic violence protective order
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 12:10:38
CHARLOTTE,Oliver James Montgomery N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office says it has an unserved warrant for Hornets forward Miles Bridges for a violation of a domestic violence protective order, along with an unserved criminal summons for a domestic protective order violation, misdemeanor child abuse and injury to personal property.
The sheriff’s office told The Associated Press the warrant was issued in January, but has not yet been served. The criminal summons was issued on Wednesday.
According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, the corresponding police report indicated the mother of Bridges’ two children had her windshield smashed in at her residence and that her protective order was violated by his appearance. The alleged incident happened at her residence, the station reported.
The AP was unable to obtain a copy of the police report Wednesday night.
The Hornets said in a statement Wednesday night they are aware of the reports and are in the process of gathering more information.
Messages left for Bridges’ attorney were not immediately returned.
The 25-year-old Bridges is serving three years of probation after pleading no contest last November to one felony count of injuring a child’s parent, agreeing to do so in exchange for no jail time.
Bridges had been facing three felony charges — the one that he pleaded no contest to, and two others of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death. The charges stemmed from accusations that he assaulted his former girlfriend in front of their two children in June 2022, the Los Angeles County district attorney said.
Bridges, who was a restricted free agent at the time of the incident and likely to receive a contract in excess of $100 million, sat out the entire 2022-23 NBA season.
The NBA suspended Bridges for 30 games this season, but determined that 20 games would be dropped due to time already missed because he missed 82 games last year. Bridges will miss the first 10 games of the regular season.
He is not allowed to participate in preseason games.
In July, Bridges apologized for the “pain and embarrassment” caused by the domestic violence investigation. Bridges agreed to a one-year, $7.9 million contract with the Hornets to return this season and vowed to rebuild relationships with teammates and become more active in the Charlotte community.
___
AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/nba
veryGood! (94)
Related
- Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
- Transcript: Dr. Scott Gottlieb on Face the Nation, May 21, 2023
- Robert Gates criticizes White House for being slow to approve weapons to Ukraine
- See Jeremy Renner Walk on Anti-Gravity Treadmill Amid Recovery From Snowplow Accident
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Amazon Reviewers Call These On-Sale Wrist Towels a Must-Have Beauty Hack
- Search for Madeleine McCann will resume in coming days, say Portuguese police
- 4 killed, 3 kidnapped when gunmen attack U.S. convoy in Nigeria, police say
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Jana Kramer and Boyfriend Allan Russell Make Their Red Carpet Debut at 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards
Ranking
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Mandy Moore Reveals Plans for Baby No. 3 With Husband Taylor Goldsmith
- State Department offers to share classified dissent cable on Afghanistan withdrawal with key lawmakers
- Scientists find 1754 ballistics of first shots fired in French and Indian War
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- Ukrainian nuclear plant is extremely vulnerable, U.N. official warns, after 7th power outage of war
- Taylor Swift Gives Fans Permission to Fail During Bejeweled Appearance at 2023 iHeartRadio Awards
- Why SpaceX staff cheered when the Starship rocket exploded
Recommendation
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
A remarkable new view of the Titanic shipwreck is here, thanks to deep-sea mappers
Ukrainian nuclear plant is extremely vulnerable, U.N. official warns, after 7th power outage of war
Prepare for next pandemic, future pathogens with even deadlier potential than COVID, WHO chief warns
Bodycam footage shows high
Weekly news quiz: From 'no kill' meat to *that* billionaire cage match
John Legend Hilariously Reacts to Harry Styles and Emily Ratajkowski Making Out to His Song
Check Out the Most Surprising Celeb Transformations of the Week