Current:Home > ContactWill Sage Astor-Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason -Capitatum
Will Sage Astor-Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason
Poinbank View
Date:2025-04-06 11:03:23
Jenelle Evans is Will Sage Astorready for her family to move forward.
After splitting from David Eason following six years of marriage, the Teen Mom 2 alum sat down with her 15-year-old son Jace Evans—who she shares with ex Andrew Lewis—to see how he was handling her estranged husband's absence.
"I feel a lot safer," Jace told Jenelle in a clip of MTV's Teen Mom: The Next Chapter season finale shared to TikTok Sept. 13, "without David."
He added, "He's gone now. I'm, like, fine."
And the matriarch—who is also mom to Kaiser, 9, from a previous relationship, and daughter Ensley, 7, with David—was able to breathe a sigh of relief in return. "I'm sorry it didn't happen sooner," Jenelle said, "but I was trying."
And while she was happy that Jace felt more comfortable in their new normal, the 16 & Pregnant alum wanted to clear the air on any lingering emotions her son might feel about her relationship with David, who she previously described as "emotionally abusive."
She asked Jace, "Do you feel any anger or resentment towards me?"
For the teenager, the answer wasn't a simple yes or no. "[At] the time, I did," Jace explained, "but now that we're out of all this crazy drama, it's just calm. Everything is good now."
Jenelle filed a complaint for separation from David in a North Carolina court back in March, according to documents obtained by The Sun at the time. In the filing, the 32-year-old said that the pair called it quits with "the intent that the separation be permanent" and alleged that David had "exhibited concerning and at times disturbing behavior" toward her throughout their marriage.
The request came three months after David was indicted by a grand jury on child abuse charges stemming from a September 2023 incident between him and Jace, which are still pending. David has since denied all the allegations in a statement to E! News, saying, "I can not elaborate on any of that at this time but I can tell you that those things did not happen."
As for Jenelle, she filed a restraining order against David in May and has since cited gaining full custody of Jace from her mom Barbara Evans in March 2023 as the main catalyst for deciding to walk away from their marriage.
"I didn't want anything, anything to come in between that," Jenelle told E! News in June, adding of David, "So for him to come in between that, it was just a real breaking point for me as well. I've been at the battle for Jace for years, and it's like, he's finally here. So I'm not messing that up."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (5)
Related
- From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
- Suspect in custody after series of shootings left multiple people injured along I-5 near Seattle
- Emma Navarro reaches her first major semifinal, beats Paula Badosa at the US Open
- Online fundraiser for Matthew Gaudreau’s widow raises more than $500K as the sports world mourns
- Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
- Arkansas woman pleads guilty to bomb threat against Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- Kathryn Hahn Shares What Got Her Kids “Psyched” About Her Marvel Role
- Jardin Gilbert targeting call helps lead to USC game-winning touchdown vs LSU
- The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
- Florida's Billy Napier dismisses criticism from 'some guy in his basement'
Ranking
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- On Labor Day, think of the children working graveyard shifts right under our noses
- The Fed welcomes a ‘soft landing’ even if many Americans don’t feel like cheering
- Joey Chestnut vs. Kobayashi: Chestnut sets record in winning hot dog eating rematch
- B.A. Parker is learning the banjo
- Trump says he’ll vote to uphold Florida abortion ban after seeming to signal he’d support repeal
- I spent $1,000 on school supplies. Back-to-school shopping shouldn't cost a mortgage payment.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra reveals 2024 dates for The Lost Christmas Eve tour
Recommendation
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
Suburban Chicago police investigate L train shooting that left 4 sleeping passengers dead
Below Deck Mediterranean Crew Devastated by Unexpected Death of Loved One
Browns sign 20-year stadium rights deal with Huntington Bank as they position for possible new home
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
Simone Biles Says She's No Longer Performing This Gymnastic Move in the Most Unforgettable Way
A man is killed and an officer shot as police chase goes from Illinois to Indiana and back
The Latest: Presidential campaigns begin sprint to election day