Current:Home > NewsRekubit Exchange:Sean "Diddy" Combs and Kim Porter’s Kids Break Silence on Rumors About Her Death and Alleged Memoir -Capitatum
Rekubit Exchange:Sean "Diddy" Combs and Kim Porter’s Kids Break Silence on Rumors About Her Death and Alleged Memoir
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-06 01:18:02
The Rekubit Exchangechildren of Sean “Diddy” Combs and the late Kim Porter are shutting down the speculation surrounding their mother’s death.
Christian Combs, 26, and twins Jessie Combs and D’Lila Combs, both 17, whom Kim shared with Diddy, as well as Quincy Taylor Brown, 33, whom Kim welcomed with singer Al B. Sure! (and was later adopted by Diddy) released a joint statement dispelling rumors about their mother in the wake of Diddy’s arrest.
They also addressed the controversy surrounding an alleged memoir that was recently published.
“Claims that our mom wrote a book are simply untrue. She did not,” the siblings wrote in a Sept. 24 Instagram post. “And anyone claiming to have a manuscript is misrepresenting themselves.”
The statement comes after publisher and producer Chris Todd told The Daily Mail that Kim allegedly shared a thumb drive of her writing with “close friends” detailing her on-off romance with Diddy and some of the music mogul’s alleged high-profile indiscretions.
The alleged writings of Kim were turned into the 60-page book Kim’s Lost Words, which has seemingly already been discredited online.
“Please understand that any so-called ‘friend’ speaking on behalf of our mom or her family is not a friend,” Kim’s four children wrote in their statement. “Nor do they have her best interests at heart.”
The siblings also called out speculation surrounding the 2018 death of the actress and model, who died of pneumonia at the age of 47. Quincy’s biological dad, Al B. Sure!, who previously revealed that he was secretly married to Kim in the early ‘90s, was one of the voices claiming Kim did not die of natural causes, calling her death a “tragic murder,” in a Sept. 23 Instagram post.
However, Quincy, Christian, Jessie and D’Lila are speaking out against conspiracy theories regarding Kim’s death.
“While it has been incredibly difficult to reconcile how she could be taken from us too soon, the cause of her death has long been established,” they wrote. “There was no foul play.”
The siblings continued, “We are deeply saddened that the world has made a spectacle of what has been the most tragic event of our lives. Our mother should be remembered for the beautiful, strong, kind and loving woman she was. Her memory should not be tainted by horrific conspiracy theories.”
In their statement, Diddy’s children did not directly address the Bad Boy Records founder’s recent legal drama, which includes a Sept. 16 arrest on charges of racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution, according to an unsealed indictment obtained by NBC News.
The “I’ll Be Missing You” rapper, who has pleaded not guilty on all charges, was denied bail by a judge and was placed on suicide watch upon entering Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center.
For more on Diddy’s legal struggles, read on.
(E! and NBC News are part of the NBCUniversal family).
Federal agents with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) executed search warrants at Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Los Angeles and Miami properties on March 25, multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to NBC News.
The sources told the outlet the warrant was out of the Southern District of New York, and a spokesperson for HSI New York confirmed to E! News it “executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners.”
Law enforcement sources told NBC News the music mogul was in the Miami area when the search warrants were executed.
News about the investigation broke after Combs faced allegations of sexual misconduct in lawsuits filed by multiple accusers starting in November, with the musician denying the allegations.
“Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday,” he wrote in a December statement posted on Instagram. “Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”
The day after HSI executed the search warrants at Combs' L.A. and Miami properties, his lawyer spoke out.
"Yesterday, there was a gross overuse of military-level force as search warrants were executed at Mr. Combs' residences," attorney Aaron Dyer said in a March 26 statement to E! News. "There is no excuse for the excessive show of force and hostility exhibited by authorities or the way his children and employees were treated."
Dyer noted Combs “was never detained but spoke to and cooperated with authorities.”
“Despite media speculation, neither Mr. Combs nor any of his family members have been arrested nor has their ability to travel been restricted in any way,” his lawyer's statement continued. “This unprecedented ambush—paired with an advanced, coordinated media presence—leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits.”
And Dyer expressed Combs' intent to defend himself.
“There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations,” he added. “Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.”
As for what actually went down during the searches, multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the warrant told NBC News authorities with the Department of Homeland Security seized phones from Combs’ home in Miami before he was scheduled to travel to the Bahamas, and several sources familiar with the matter added that guns were discovered during the search.
One source familiar with the matter also told NBC News three women and one man were interviewed by prosecutors and investigators from the Southern District of New York about allegations of sex trafficking, sexual assault, the solicitation and distribution of illegal narcotics and firearms purportedly tied to Combs.
On the same day the search warrants were executed at Combs’ Miami and Los Angeles properties, one of his associates, Brendan Paul, was arrested by the Miami-Dade police on suspicion of drug possession, a law enforcement source familiar with the matter told NBC News.
According to the Miami-Dade arrest affidavit obtained by the outlet, Paul was taken into custody for allegedly possessing suspected cocaine and suspected marijuana candy.
Prison records obtained by NBC News show Paul was released on March 26 after posting bond.
“We do not plan on trying this case in the media,” Paul’s attorney Brian Bieber said in a statement obtained by the outlet, “all issues will be dealt with in court.”
In May, Paul accepted a plea deal, with his lawyer Bieber telling People, "Brendan accepted the prosecutor’s offer to permit his entry into the diversion program which, after completion, the case against him will be dismissed in its entirety."
He was arrested in the lobby of a New York hotel on Sept. 16, 2024, according to NBC News. It's unclear what Combs has been charged with and if the arrest has any potential connection to the raids.
“We are disappointed with the decision to pursue what we believe is an unjust prosecution of Mr. Combs by the U.S. Attorney’s Office," his lawyer Marc Agnifilo said in a statement to E! News. "He is an imperfect person but Is not criminal. To his credit Mr. Combs has been nothing but cooperative with this investigation and he voluntarily relocated to New York last week in anticipation of these charges."
After Combs was arrested based on the sealed indictment, the indictment was unsealed on Sept. 17.
The 54-year-old was charged with racketeering conspiracy; sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion; as well as transportation to engage in prostitution, according to court documents obtained by NBC News.
The indictment alleged Combs “abused, threatened, and coerced women and others around him to fulfill his sexual desires, protect his reputation, and conceal his conduct” for more than a decade, with prosecutors saying the purported behavior started around 2008.
"To do so," the documents stated, "Combs relied on the employees, resources, and influence of the multi-faceted business empire that he led and controlled—creating a criminal enterprise whose members and associates engaged in, and attempted to engage in, among other crimes, sex trafficking, forced labor, kidnapping, arson, bribery, and obstruction of justice."
According to NBC News, Combs pleaded not guilty and was denied bail.
“He’s going to fight this with all of his energy and all of his might,” his attorney Marc Agnifilo told reporters outside the courthouse prior to the arraignment, “and the full confidence of his lawyers."
Following his arrest, Combs was held at the Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center where he was denied a $50 million bond. The music mogul was also placed on suicide watch, which a source told E! News is a customary procedure for high-profile inmates.
He was assigned the same area of the jail as cryptocurrency fraudster Sam Bankman-Fried, a source told NBC News.
veryGood! (53533)
Related
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- Hurricane Beryl death toll in Texas climbs to at least 36: Reports
- Paris Olympics Opening Ceremony in primetime: Highlights, updates from NBC's replay
- The city of Atlanta fires its human resources chief over ‘preferential treatment’ of her daughter
- Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
- Former Chiefs lineman Isaiah Buggs sentenced to hard labor in Alabama on animal cruelty charges
- MLB trade deadline: Six deals that make sense for contenders
- 'What We Do in the Shadows' teases unfamiliar final season
- A White House order claims to end 'censorship.' What does that mean?
- WWII veteran killed in Germany returns home to California
Ranking
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Judge takes final step to overturn Florida’s ‘Stop WOKE Act’
- Gizmo the dog went missing in Las Vegas in 2015. He’s been found alive after 9 years
- Judge strikes down one North Carolina abortion restriction but upholds another
- Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
- Billy Joel gives fans a big surprise as he ends historic Madison Square Garden run
- Can Randy Arozarena save the free-falling Seattle Mariners?
- Simone Biles' Husband Jonathan Owens Negotiated NFL Contract to Attend 2024 Paris Olympics
Recommendation
New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
Airline catering workers threaten to strike as soon as next week without agreement on new contract
Peyton Manning breaks out opening ceremony wristband with notes on Olympic athletes
USWNT comes out swinging at Paris Olympics but leaves 'a lot of room for improvement'
Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
Olivia Newton-John's Nephew Shares One of the Last Times His Beloved Aunt Was Captured on Film
Jensen Ackles returns to 'The Boys' final season, stars in 'Vought Rising' spinoff
Olympics 2024: Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Kids Luna and Miles Steal the Show at Opening Ceremony